Saturday, June 9, 2012
I finished a first draft of a Fux workbook (PDF) to accompany the Mann translation. I've typeset all the exercises, though there might be some cases in which my use of staves and octaves differs from the examples in the book. I'm proofreading and adding short summaries of the newly introduced rules as I work through it. I've finished proofing the section on 2-voice counterpoint, and hope to start back up with three voices this summer.
Sunday, May 20, 2012
The academic year is over, hooray! I fired up my score editor earlier today, and found that before I got busy last summer I managed to complete the exercises in 3-voice, 1st-species, Dorian mode. I'll need to do a fair amount of review before I can get back up to speed, and confirm that this is correct. But even if it's incorrect, I still like the way it sounds.I hope it won't be another eleven months before the next update...